Academic tuition scholarships are awarded on an annual basis
A total of up to three (3) scholarships of $1000 each will be awarded each year. The application window is open from 1 January through 30 June each year
1. Applicants must be a citizen of the United States
2. Applicants must be a resident of the State of Kansas
3. Applicants shall be a current undergraduate student in good standing at an accredited college, university, vocational technical school in the State of Kansas, or any of the five Service academies.
4. Applicants may also be a graduating high school senior accepted to attend an accredited college, university, vocational technical school in the State of Kansas, or any of the five Service academies.
5. Applicants must be a child, grandchild or under the legal guardianship of a current or retired member of the KSNG
6. Applicants with a familial relationship, close acquaintance or business relationship with any director or officer of the KSNG Foundation are not eligible.
1. The application window will be open 1 January - 30 June for the following academic year.
3. Applications may be submitted to the KSNG Foundation starting 1 January through 30 June every year.
4. Application packets can be submitted via USPS to the Kansas National Guard Foundation, Attn: Scholarship Program, 125 SE Airport Drive E., Topeka, Kansas, 66619 or e-mailed to email@example.com.
5. Applications must be postmarked no later than 30 June or received via e-mail no later than 30 June at 11:59 pm CDT.
6. Applicants will receive an e-mail acknowledging receipt of their application.
7. The Board of Directors of the KSNG Foundation will review all applications no later than 1 July.
8. Applicants will be notified of their selection status by KSNG Foundation Executive Director no later than 31 July.
10. Scholarship payments will be made directly to the academic institution following receipt of proof of enrollment.
1. Application packets must include:
a. Application completed by the applicant
b. Letter of intent drafted and signed by the applicant
c. Letter of good standing on official letterhead and signed by the school registrar or principal
d. Letter of recommendation from a current high school educator/counselor or employer/supervisor
e. Letter of acceptance from an accredited college, university, community college, or licensed vocational school
f. Official transcript reflecting an unweighted grade point average of no less than 2.5
2. Application packets can be submitted via USPS to the Kansas National Guard Foundation, Attn: Scholarship Program, 125 SE Airport Drive E., Topeka, Kansas, 66619 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Applications must be postmarked no later than 30 June or received via e-mail no later than 30 June at 11:59 pm CDT.
4. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
• Eligibility: Applicants must meet the eligibility requirements described above
• Academic Merit: Applicants must be in good standing with their school and demonstrate academic achievement
• Citizenship: Applicants must demonstrate good citizenship and involvement in improving their community
• Objective and Nondiscriminatory Procedure: The Board of Directors shall select recipients on an objective and nondiscriminatory basis, without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, or personal handicap